It can be hard to write a resume from scratch. Fortunately, you can use a blank resume template. There are many elements that need to be covered and written in the correct chronological order. The only thing you have to do is fill out the blank fields to create your own professional resume. The advantage of a blank template is that you can’t go wrong.
Where to get a blank resume template?
You can choose to use a template in word or a resume template provided by a resume generator like Resume.io. On our resume templates page you find different styles of resume templates:
- Creative resume templates;
- Professional resume templates;
- Simple resume templates;
- Modern resume templates;
Depending on the sector you are looking for a job, you can pick the best fitting style of a resume. Below you can find some examples of blank resume templates. You can download the blank template if you’d like to create one yourself.
Why you should use a blank resume template
Of course, it is possible to write a resume from scratch. In fact, many people still do. They open Microsoft Word and start formatting and writing. However, often people make mistakes. Common mistakes people make are:
- Forgetting important information – without using the right resume example, it happens that you forget to mention crucial information.
- Typos and grammatical errors – Too often it happens that people start writing on their own and don’t let someone else double-check the resume.
- Bad personal profile/summary – There are certain ways of writing a personal profile. With some easy tips, you can significantly increase your chances of getting invited for an interview. Recruiters pay a lot of attention to the personal profile.
- Poor formatting – Recruiters get a dozen resumes a day. You must make a good impression within very little time. It is crucial to use the right formatting. Using a blank resume template can help you use the right format, chronological order, and styling.
- Not tailored to your application – Many people use the same resume for many different applications. Whilst you should tailor your resume to the company and job you are applying for. Recruiters are searching for specific qualities and personalities. Adjusting a resume to the job increases the chances of getting invited.
More tips on writing a resume
In case you choose to write a resume from scratch and want to create your own template. You can use our resume writing guide: “How to write a resume”. This way you make sure all parts of the RESUME are covered and professional. Perfect for some inspiration!