Trust is the most vital factor in order to gain customers when you are a real estate agent. A real estate agent resume should reflect how reliable the person is and how well accustomed she/he is about the current situation in the real estate industry. The approach can however be flexible depending on the customer segment one is targeting.
How to make your real estate agent resume unique
Below we’ve written a few useful tips you can use to make your resume stand out. Be better than the rest of the applicants!
- Promote the trust
The summary or bio should reveal that you are a reliable agent and you are efficient enough to handle the clients. Use phrases and words that help you build an image that is trustworthy. The language of a real estate resume should be such that it promotes trust and adequate skills.
- Focus on strengths
More than educational background, the more important factor is the strengths you have in the relevant field. Try to be as specific as possible while showing how you are capable enough to deal with diverse set of people. Also mention if you are adept in making contracts and drafting them. Few real estate agents sometimes hire a third party to do all the paper work. If you know paperwork on your and possess the expertise, you should definitely highlight that in your resume.
- Highlight people skills
This feature is a must if you are a real estate agent. You need to understand your client base, communicate with them properly and negotiate a suitable deal. You should be able to identify the plums and lemons among your customers and draft them a deal accordingly. Building a network and community both online and offline is important for an agent. Therefore, if you are affiliated with such organizations, do not forget to mention those in the resume.
- Include industry specific work experience
The previous agencies you worked for and what were your exact roles as a real estate agent in there is important for the recruiters. That is because, the job description and scope of work is huge for the agents. If you are able to manage a lot of tasks together, that definitely gives you an edge over other applicants. Be sure to write all the important and unique roles you played in your previous organizations.
Better to be affiliated with a company
If you are a member of a certain real estate community, it helps the recruiters verify your work. It can be a good substitute for reference. In the real estate industry, word of mouth influence is a very important tool for your personal branding. In your LinkedIn profile as well, add your skills and ask your clients to endorse you. That will build a greater trust to your work.
Highlight skills, expertise and work experience more in your resume compared to the educational qualification. The industry is more dependent on practical knowledge than theoretical ones.
Salary and possible job growth
The salary varies according to the location and the type of clients the agent dealsth. The median salary is approximately $44090 annually. However, the salary is almost double for agents working for the popular areas. The real estate sector is still booming and the demand for it is rising in the developing countries more. Read our article “How much does a real estate agent make” for more information on salary and job growth.
A Real Estate Agent Resume Template
(213) 148-3632 | firstname.lastname@example.org
A renowned agent who has successfully managed clients for residential and commercial purpose. Able to negotiate with clients and network with new people. Expert in planning and arranging customer specific deals. Added expertise includes contract drafting, client analysis and market research.
• Able to work during pressure and adverse environment
• Ample knowledge about residential and commercial plot scenarios
• Presence in most of the real estate internet communities
• Highly skilled in managing clients efficiently
• Good networking skills
• Able to negotiate well while contract drafting
Additional Skills and Certifications
• Real Estate License
• Language Proficiency in English and French
• HR management software expertise
• MLIS database and MS Word Proficiency
• Member of the REALTORS National Association
CA Associates Degree, Real Estate Sales
ABC Community College
San Francisco, USA
Tucson High School
Riverdale High School
ALBANY REAL ESTATE AGENCY
Real Estate Agent
• Preparation of purchase agreements, closing contracts, leases and deeds
• Accompany buyers during visit and inspection
• Conduct seminars and workshops to build network
• Consultation with sellers on how to build better homes
• Helping clients get financial options
• Assisting clients in handling the paper work
SIERRA IDIO AGENCY LTD.
Real Estate Agent
• Promoted property sales through online engagement and advertisements
• Interviewed and reviewed client needs
• Create customized contract details for important clients
• Closed an average transaction of 20 times per year
• Compared similar type of properties and their price schemes
• Created a wide list of opportunities for the clients
Interests and Hobbies
• Tech enthusiast
• Property and Asset Management